Using a high-pressure cleaner to wash all kinds of surfaces from dirt is always a constructive and practical solution. The high water pressure created by the machine quickly and efficiently cleans various types of vehicles, garden tools, rooms, garages, basements, construction sites from varnishes, paints, and ordinary dust. But to get the desired effect, you need to use this machine safely.
Pressure Cleaner Cautions
The pressure washer is a device that must be handled with care. A jet of water at a pressure of 100 bar can break glass, mirrors, or headlights, damage eyes or ears. It takes about 15 kilograms of force to hold the pistol in your hands. When working with a pressure washer, the following safety instructions must be strictly observed:
- Never let children use the cleaner.
- To avoid injury and maintain safety, take extra care when using the cleaner near other people.
- Never direct the jet towards people or animals, operating machinery, or the cleaner itself.
- Never use a pressure washer to clean clothing, especially if worn on a person.
- Hold the spray gun firmly in your hands.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, keep all connections dry and use grounding. Do not touch the plug with wet hands!
- Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from dirt throwing from the jet.
- If a power line is located nearby, then a distance of at least 2 meters from it must be observed.
- Do not use the cleaner while standing on a hill. Pulling the trigger can cause kickback and fall.
It Is Important to Take into Account the Technical Features of the Cleaner
- The machine must receive the required amount of water based on its technical characteristics. For example, if the water flow is 14 l/min, and the water supply is only 12 l / min, the cleaner can be broken.
- You should not keep the cleaner unnecessarily under pressure — it is better to reduce the pressure between work, otherwise the device may break faster.
- When working with a high-pressure cleaner, special care is required in winter. For example, before starting a hot car wash in the cold season, you need to warm up the car in a warm box, or first wash the car with cold water.
- In the cold season, do not leave the cleaner with water in the cold. If the water inside freezes, the machine may be destroyed. The best remedy here would be to pump in antifreeze. The cleaner itself must be stored in a warm room in winter.
- One of the most fragile parts of a cleaner is the high-pressure hose. It cannot be bent and squeezed. If you have a cleaner with a reel, always unwind the hose during use, otherwise, it may overheat.
- The connection socket must have a grounding contact. It is desirable to equip the connection point with a residual discharge current protection device.
- The connection of the machine to the water supply should be made through a non-return valve.
- Never use acid, gasoline, kerosene, or any other flammable material in the high-pressure cleaner. Use only household detergents recommended by the manufacturer.
There Are Fuses in the Design of the Cleaner
A mandatory part of the high-pressure cleaner is the water pressure sensor installed at the pump outlet. When you turn on the machine, it starts working almost instantly after pressing the trigger on the handle. When the trigger is released, the jet closes, but water remains under pressure in the pump chamber. If the engine continues to run, the pump may simply rupture. The machine turns off the engine when the maximum pressure in the pump chamber is reached.
Considering that the start-stop mode for the electric motor is extremely undesirable, some models of high-pressure washers are equipped with by-pass systems. In this case, the machine does not turn off the engine, but switches the pump output to the input, forcing it to simply circulate water, maintaining the pressure in the chamber.
Most models of pressure washers are equipped with a thermal sensor that prevents the engine from overheating, and a water seal that relieves pressure in the pump chamber when it is exceeded.
A pressure washer is undoubtedly a useful tool in everyday life, but it requires increased attention. For the person who operates the machine, this device does not pose any danger, if you follow the general rules for working with it. High-quality work is impossible without adhering to the operating instructions. Compliance with safety rules is the protection and preservation of your health and even life.